Properties of essential oils for dreads
There are four main characteristics of essential oils:
- They don’t contain any fat
- They are volatile and evaporate easily
- They are oluble in vegetable oil and water-hating
- They are liquid and almost colorless
Furthermore, their antiseptic properties help fight dandruff on the scalp and help soothe itching. They also play an important role in cosmetics thanks to their fragrance.
The best essential oils for dreadlocks
- Atlas Cedar
- Bay Laurel
- Tea tree
- Bay St. Thomas
- Altas Cedar
- Clary sage
How to apply essential oils for dreads on your scalp?
If you suffer from annoying scalp itching, irritations, and tiny white flakes that won’t go away, there are two essential oils to help restore your former “glory.”
Add 5-10 drops of lemongrass and tea tree essential oils in a few tablespoons of grapeseed oil, almond oil, or olive oil.
- Apply it on your scalp gently using the tip of your fingers
- Wrap your locs with a plastic bag and wait for 30 minutes
- Wash your locs using residue-free shampoo